Thread: Vicki's Journey
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:45 AM

Once a week is about what I got from my casual sex guys where there was no real connection. I would definitely not be okay with that kind of frequency from L, or at least, I would dial back my emotions to FWB, which is not something I want to do. Honestly, I am not sure I could without ending things completely. It's well past that for me emotionally.

I hate LDR. I always said I would never be in one. When H and I were young, he wanted to go spend some time helping out in a third world country. I told him that I thought that was admirable, but that we should break up because I would not be happy in a long distance relationship. I thought this would be different since I have a primary relationship with my husband, so it's not like I get no touch or affection when I can't see L. But it's been harder on me than I thought it would be. I wish I could see him more often, but the times we are together are generally worth the frustrations in between. It's been four weeks now and this is about the point where it starts to hurt more.

I didn't go looking for one this time, either. L was supposed to be a one night stand. But things don't always go the way we plan, and he makes me very happy. Despite the trouble I'm having dealing with the distance, I'm glad he's in my life and I want to keep him there if he wants to be. And he says he does.

Last edited by Vicki82; 10-03-2012 at 02:51 AM.