View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
So, you are , in effect, going to tell her that you think she's gonna molest your children? That will accomplish *what*, exactly?
No, I'm going to tell her, in actuality, that I can not trust her decisions after such a hugely poor choice, and that I do not want such a blatant example of a lack of respect for oneself around my children. I prefer they have examples around them of people who have a feeling of self-confidence and know how to stand up for themselves and for what is right, even when it's hard. And I am showing my children how to be good adults, by making choices that respect oneself and one's limits. You may call it paranoid, I call it knowing how able I'd be to keep my mouth shut, put on a smile, and not ruin the entire family function (that is to say, IF I were able to at all, I know it would cause me a great deal of stress that I don't need). Better that I excuse myself rather than make a scene that will accomplish nothing. As stated before, but since you don't seem to read anything beyond the first post, you super-busy person you, I'll say it again: I don't give a flying fuck what people's opinion of my decision not to see her is. My only question is whether or not to inform her of my decision, and besides the multiple responses of those who think informing her is the better choice, I now have another excellent reason: AT says the opposite.