View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the link! It makes much more sense. Spoons seem random because they ARE random: she was at a diner and wanted a physical object there could be a bunch of. Could have been salt shakers or forks but it ended up being spoons.

I'm a bit confused by the fact that she seemed to have stolen one of the spoons from the diner in her story ("I gave her a hug when we walked out of the diner. I had the one spoon in my hand") but maybe she meant "right before we walked out" and she gave the spoon back first?
I feel silly for getting hung on small details like that, but that popped out to me.

Anyways, I think as a gamer I would understand the concept of hearts or hit points better, but spoons work. It's just unfortunate that it makes it harder to talk about it with people not familiar with the whole story.

This talk about spoons reminds me of Friends. There is an episode in which Ross, who has just divorced, talks about dating again with Chandler and Joey. They compare women to ice-cream, and urge him to "grab a spoon".