View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happinesswins View Post
Although i do not participate in the lifestyle discussed here, i am all for doing what makes you happy.I find it strange to see that this situation,being the issue of whether or not to agree to lend your husband to your best friend, requires so much discussion?I think that there is only ONE simple question to be answered here.This is how i see it ....Are you prepared to lend your most valuable treasure to anyone else, when there is even the slightest chance that they might not give it back ?????????I find it strange that your dearest friend would ask this of you , let alone your husband.I wouldnt care about how HELPFUL it might be for her damaged soul.She can go out and find her own husband when she is prepared to do that herself.Until then she can find her own FWB .No amount of planning and discussing what to do when they end up more connected after having a sexual relationship will make an ounce of difference when it has already happened.Even legal documents drawn up to protect us from misery, are not worth the paper they are written on when things go wrong!!!!I love my friends dearly too ,but i have learnt not to even lend them my books , let alone my husband!!!DONT lend things that you are not prepared to lose .......
Yahbutt,..Environmentally friendly polys, reduce, reuse, and recycle.

There is risk in everything. You could cling to your mate and only spend time with each other. Then one day, he nails your best friend when they meet by chance at a bus stop.

However, I think you have wise words in a different way. Anything requiring this much discussion, and needing every single wrinkle ironed out, is not necessarily because people have some phobia that needs to be dealt with. It's usually because a gut-instinct is SCREAMING at them, that something is going to go wrong, but nobody wants to be the bad guy, that just says no.

There really is a fine line between addressing hang-ups, and listening to instinct. Someone once told me that a worry feels like butterflies in your stomach, and instinct feels like a slow burn. It's been pretty accurate.

Older thread, and I am sure they figured it out. Any updates ?