View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 AM

I'm reminded of the yin/yang symbol. Dot of black in the white. Dot of white in the black. It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

As a shaman, I think it's an entirely viable idea that there is a soul, and that it is possible to have "twin souls." They don't necessarily even have to be human souls. They don't necessarily even have to add up to the figure of only two. Sometimes, it is like a faceted jewel.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Traditionalists say. They are entitled to free speech and their own opinions, as are you. That doesn't mean you have to listen to them at all. The written word is also kind of inherently self-limiting when it comes to conveying certain concepts and the emotions behind them, to boot, in my opinion.

Know thyself was mentioned, and I would agree that it's a good way of communicating what is necessary for any individual. Sometimes brutal honesty is required. Some people lack the guts to do that, as well.

I tip my hat for you to coming out about yourself online. That takes courage, and a sense of acceptance of what you've discoverd about yourself. Good luck to you in the future with it. Keep walking down whatever path you feel is necessary for you - there's always bumps, ruts, maybe even boulders and wicked unexpected crooks in the path... that's life, though. Keep your chin up, and remember to take time to appreciate the occasional wild flower on the path too.