View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellecee View Post
Thank you, BoringGuy.

That's what I needed to hear. When you put it that way, I see how inane I sound. I really, really, really don't ever want to be 21 again. I'm just looking for ways to fight irrational insecurity.
You're welcome. I felt "old" when I was 30, too. It had a lot to do with things going on that I had no control over, though. I went through my 30's in a fog (which had nothing to do with my relationships) and recently (within the past 2 years) I finally came out of it. I did not experience the same thing when I turned 40 (all I have to say is - thank god people only die ONCE). I will never get those years back, but I am ready to enjoy the ones ahead. The only advice I can give you is that you have to be your own best friend. Your marriage may not last forever, but you will never get rid of yourself.

ETA: I can't say that your husband feels as I do. It is entirely possibly that he is trying to "recapture youth" by becoming involved with someone so much younger than himself. But I have no way of knowing or educatedly-guessing because he has not given his input here. I'm just talking to/about YOU.

Last edited by BoringGuy; 09-26-2012 at 01:53 AM.