View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
I love him. Besotted! Smitten! Horribly so! Whee!
Joy!

I drove to work today with a silly grin on my face thinking how wonderfully lucky I must be to have two people who love me and want me to be happy. (They did nothing particularly special to put me in this mood - they were both sleeping when I kissed their cheeks goodbye - MrS moaned "Mmmmm" and smiled in his sleep; Dude rolled over, fluttered his eyes, and murmurred "I love you, sweetie." - Gosh I am lucky!)

MrS had a random conversation with a guy in a bar a few months ago who seemed absolutely AMAZED that he (MrS) still liked his wife after 16 years of marriage. MrS's reply was along the lines of "of course I like her - she is an an amazing, intelligent, wonderful woman - otherwise why would I have married her and stayed with her all this time?" Truth is, we love each other more with every passing year.

Dude sometimes gets a little envious of how close MrS and I are and how well we work as a team. I have to remind him that we didn't get to here overnight (although we started at a good place), we've had years and years of practice. I tell him to give it a few more years - he's already ahead of the curve (mainly because I learned from MrS how to actually let people IN).

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe