View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM

So I can't be attracted to something without being rebellious against something else? I don't think that is a particularly fair way to pigeonhole anyone or their preferences. Actually I get quite sick of people that tell me I'm just trying to be different. I like what I like and I don't need to be rallying against something else to like it.

Are you also insinuating that people choose what they are attracted to and that if they somehow aren't attracted to everything under the sun then they are being discriminatory?

I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't think anyone in here has been trans-phobic in any way. No hate has been spewed. Maybe for some their preferences of who to date and engage in sexual activities with is limited to born sex, but there is nothing wrong with that if they are content to live and let live. It doesn't mean that they are saying that transgendered or transsexual individuals are less than human, just that they aren't people they are interested in dating at the moment.

A straight person is not homophobic by default. A homosexual person is not heterophobic by default. Attraction =/= fear or disgust of whatever you aren't attracted to.

I am very personally supportive of transgendered, transsexual, genderqueer, genderfluid, etc. people, and am even quite attracted to the androgynous and some transgendered or transsexual individuals. I haven't seen anyone say anything that offensive in this topic at all, specifically the first post that started this whole bout. A man simply liking extremes of gender norms is not transphobic. Like someone else has already said, it is more androgynophobic if anything but I don't even think it is that. Later information showed that he probably also wasn't comfortable with a transgendered individual as a sexual partner, but that doesn't matter. Everybody has their preferences.

I don't think anybody in here meant to offend in any way at all, but in your perceived offense you are starting to say some things that may be hurtful or offensive in and of themselves. You are pigeonholing people and reading their minds without their consent when you say things like someone who is attracted to androgynous/gender-queer/transpeople is anti-establishment. The two are not one and the same and it isn't fair to thrust that on others.

Last edited by MusicalRose; 09-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.