View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspirationFlow View Post
Then we got a computer...a Packard Bell (which no longer exists) with Windows 95 and companies were still coming out with games for DOS. The 3 games I started with (Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and Koshan Conspiracy) were all DOS-based and the computer HATED DOS. After much trial-and-error, I eventually created a boot disk so I could play them without having to reformat & reload drivers (which was at least a 2-day project back then).

I had a PS2, and I remember being confused with the new button setup, being used to letter disignations. I played mostly NHL games, Guitar Hero (1 & 2), Final Fantasy 10, GTA III (which I would just waste time driving around & no quests...lol), and a racing game by Atari in which I could play pong while it loaded (the title escapes me).

I'm at the point where I play games incessantly for about 4~6 months then take about 2 months off. I have a PS3, and the games I have are NHL 11, Skyrim, LA Noire, and FF 13.

I don't have internet at home, so no gamer tags for my PS3.
Hated DOS? I remember I used to play a fair few DOS games on my 95 and 98 machines. =P It especially doesn't make sense, as 95 and 98 were actually built on top of DOS. and i remember once it came to XP, you have to find a new way of playing them, which was DOSbox. I don't even think you can use that anymore though. Unless you're still using XP for some reason.

If you thought the switch from PS1 controls to PS2 controls was weird, what about to PS3? There was a huge change in controls there. =P I know suddenly my thumb finally felt at rest from that dreaded X button. XD the constant tapping, smashing, and holding it down as long as I could without my hand getting tired... XD
=]