View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:36 AM

Unhappy Breaking the Cycle

First time poster, long time reader.

Recently, my partner/primary of six years agreed to my wife. On the condition the our poly relationship become monogamous (She wasn't currently seeing anyone else after our triad split. Turns out she didn't love him as much as I did or as much as he loved her). I thought 'I love this woman to death, I don't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else.' and agreed.

Things are always simple on paper, huh? Most of the people I love that aren't my fiancee are more than happy to see us finally tie the knot and marry. Most. Some are happy that we will be happy, but devastated that what I had with them is coming to end.

The worst part, is part of me it seems doesn't want to give them up. I avoided telling the ones I loved deepest last. The ones that have hurt the most, it seems, to end it with. I can't bear to see them in pain and hurt by my choice.

None have asked me to reconsider. I am afraid of that, because as much as I love my wife to be, I feel hollow without them. It just... it hurts so much.

What can I do to make it stop hurting? It feels like I can't breathe.

Thank you so much for -any- advice with this.