View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetheart View Post
Mixed orientation marriages often end in divorce, unless a mutually beneficial solution is found. Polyamory is often cited by psychiatrists and marriage counselors as a healthy way to solve the problem.
I'm curious about where that assessment comes from. Can you point me to the source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetheart View Post
Hi Ceoli.

We were contacted by researchers who wanted to study us because I am a straight male and my partner is a bi/gay female. According to them, it was difficult for them to find such arrangements that hadn't dissolved. We answered a survey, but declined the support groups. We were asked if we had tried "alternative arrangements", and polyamory was mentioned, as was open marriage. We informed them that we had already found a satisfactory solution on our own, but we thanked them for their interest.

I recommend Wikipedia: mixed orientation marriages as a good starting point if you're interested in the research. That website can answer your questions better than I can. Also, just try doing a search for the term "mixed orientation marriage" and see what comes up.

Now, speaking as a longtime member of the poly community, I know that straight men with bi women is not an unusual arrangement at all. However, these researchers couldn't seem to find very many for their research. Maybe they were just not looking in the right places!

Last edited by NeonKaos; 12-16-2009 at 04:43 PM.