View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Default A Public Service Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Nice to see your normal level of snide hostility, BoringGuy!
I thought this thread was a joke when I first saw it. If it weren't for your history here, I would have suspected trollery.

Here's the thing: when you post here, folks are going to react in all sorts of ways to what you offer up. Some of them will comment. Some of them will joke about it, which is OK if it doesn't completely jack the thread.

We simply require a basic level of civility on the part of posters and otherwise allow them to react how they will. We don't promise that you'll like everybody here or what they have to say or how they go about saying it.

So, if you post something that others think amusing or silly or some other form of Not Serious, it only follows that some of them may comment to that effect. That's part of public discourse. As long as they're not calling you names and the like, we won't have much issue with it (though we are likely to watch those threads more closely).

Note: I posted this as a reminder to everybody, actually, and just used this thread as a soapbox. Where I say "you," I'm referring to everybody.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.