View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:12 AM

pansexual-Someone who is attracted to people regardless of their gender, sex or sexual orientation.

Serial monogamy-
someone who moves from one relationship to another often. a lifestyle which provides commitment to one sexual relationship at a time, but implies a regular change of partner

Serial polyamory-
someone who commits and loves several partners at once but there are so many that the love and commitment remains shallow.

BDSM-
is a compound acronym derived from the terms bondage and discipline (B&D, B/D, or BD), dominance and submission (D&s, D/s, or Ds), sadism and masochism (S&M, S/M, or SM). BDSM includes a wide spectrum of activities, forms of interpersonal relationships, and distinct subcultures. While not always overtly sexual in nature, the activities and relationships within a BDSM context are almost always eroticized by the participants in some fashion. Many of these practices fall outside of conventional sexual activities and human relationships. Activities and relationships within a BDSM context are characterized by the fact that the participants usually take on complementary, but unequal, roles.

Tops or Dominants-
Typically, participants who are active in BDSM— applying the activity or exercising control over others

Bottoms or Submissives-
Those participants who are recipients of the activities in BDSM, or who are controlled by their partners

Switches-
Individuals who move between top/dominant roles and bottom/submissive roles—either periodically within a relationship, or from relationship to relationship.

Metamour- the girlfriend or wife of your partner. Usually used if you are a secondary and they are your partners primary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
Actually, the definition of metamour is a bit less specific than that:

Metamour: The partner of one's partner, with whom there is no direct sexual or romantic relationship. It can refer to any gender and any primary/secondary status.

I.E. My partner's wife is my metamour and I am her metamour.
fluid bonding- when sexual partners share their bodily fluids with each other. Usually after each have been tested for STD's and have passed the test.

Relationship Anarchy- a term for polyamory, as there is no fixed definition that fully describes it. Used mostly by people in the beginning stages of developing forms of poly relationships. Also by the younger generations who are not fully developed in their relationship experiences. Seems to be akin to dating but the relationships have more depth and substance.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 12-16-2009 at 04:34 PM.