View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 AM

I have spent way too much of my precious life moping over gorgeous-but-dickish guys who are able to share their bodies but not their hearts with me. Eric is the obvious current example. Ziggy, my ex, was another, and I can think of two other excellent examples from my past.

I've sighed and cried and ruminated over these men, responded eagerly to their every text or chat or email, hoped against hope that time and desire would bring us closer. And while I may have had some great sex with them and shared some fun times, the moping never brought one single positive thing into my life, and none of them ever got out of bed one morning and said "Wow, wait, all this time I'd been having fun with Anna as a FWB but suddenly it's so much more than that, I love her!"

Letting myself stay hung up on these guys for far too long is a really bad habit, and I need to cut it out. They feel what they feel, and once I've ascertained as clearly as possible that they're not looking for more from me, it's just kind of pathetic to stay focused on it. Grow up, move on, get over it