View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefromgirl View Post
Did I stammer when I said, earlier, that that sort of thing wasn't ethical? No? [edited: Or at least did I encourage that speech? Also no?] Good. Now that we're on the same page...
There's no need for snarkiness. I wasn't addressing you. I was talking about the entire shift of tone in this entire thread.

Quote:
Love with everyone's consent. That's the bottom line. The trappings may not be to your taste or mine, but he's got the right to try it out and see how it works.
And this is exactly the point. Not only I, but many people, have gotten the distinct impression through the whole thread that this love is not with the consent of Evan's girlfriend, that she has not consented to live like this, but is being pushed along. Yes, of course he can try anything he likes. And I can state that I, personally, don't find it ethical to be pushing someone into this, especially someone who, with four young children (three of her own and one with him, correct?), is in a very difficult position of dependency on him, and calling them vulgar names if they don't agree.