Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpmomma View Post
I know. When my husband and i first started dating he was very straight laced. Part of me thought my experience in college was a one time deal and I lied to myself and lied to him in the process.
Is there a part of you that assumes other people won't accept you for who you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpmomma View Post
I just don't know how to bring it up. "oh hey, I never told you this in the past 6 years, but I'm bi" ???
You can be a little softer about it if you want, but no matter how you say it, he will know this is exactly what you are saying.

You had time to get to know Pan, so you knew she would accept your sexuality before you told her. You never talked to your husband about it, so he doesn't know. It sounds to me like you want to make sure someone will accept something about you before you are willing to tell them what that something is. If this is true, this is the real issue.

I know you are worried about how telling your husband will change your relationship with him. The change is already happening in some ways.The emotional connection you have with Pan is already changing you. That means that connection with her is already changing the relationship you have with your husband. He may have already noticed a change in you. The best thing to do is tell him.