Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
2. Is there are reason you are restricting this to folks around your own age? I have always tended to find that physical age is deceptive - mental age is important when it comes to good relationships - and I don't just mean maturity, I mean ability to have fun.
I'm not really restricting things that much. My low end is 20 and my high end is 35 so that's a pretty broad spectrum and I'm always willing to break that (within the law on the lower end) if I find someone exceptional. Much higher than 35 and we start to run into the problem of nothing in common and generational points of view that dont match very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
I recommend traditional dating methods: meet lots of people (via online, nightlife, social circle, etc), flirt with them, inform them that you are poly and not remotely interested in a mono-relationship, and then keep the ones that stick around. It really doesn't need to be more complicated then that.

Dating is a numbers game. If you increase the number of people you talk to (flirt with), then you'll increase the chance of finding a good match.

Cheers,
-Wolf
That's sort of what I'm doing already, sans nightlife (I strongly dislike bars/clubs, really not my scene). I've been doing that for about eight months and the results have been rather meh. As soon as a woman hears "non-monogamous," they tend to bolt.