View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
But-what if it really is ingrained ignorance and the person chews on the information-even for a few years-and then it clicks and they change?
My husband was hardcore against gayrights when we married. Now he's precisely the opposite, because in the midst of his idiotic shit, I continued to calmly and pointedly show him the error of his ways. He swore he'd never change, he was just as against open marriages and many oldtimers here can attest to some of the outrageously condescending, double standard bullshit he pulled over the years. But, he changed. Shrug. Sometimes it fails, sometimes it works.
Yeah I used to be hardlined for the Death Penalty and for the right for a woman to have Abortion. Since than I have become against the Death Penalty, and although I believe in a woman's right, I personally am against abortion because I have delivered my own baby and I just don't believe that it's ok to kill one just because it hasn't slipped out the Vagina yet. People change. I am one who definitely changes. I am becoming Poly, pretty sure. Opening up. I am a person who definitely changes throughout my life. I don't resent or regret. This is my journey.