View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
The Canadian military was dragged kicking and screaming down the road of universal acceptance and non-discrimination some time ago, as the laws affecting the military were finally updated to reflect our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I don't think it qualifies for early adoption, but the Canadian Forces is ahead of some other countries in terms of integrating women into all roles (including Combat roles and Submarines) as well as removing barriers for Homosexuals, etc. As Mono said, it is currently quite progressive ... in military terms.

From what I've gathered of the US services, they still have pretty heavy handed policies still written into the regulations when it comes to relationships, fraternization, and homosexuality. I don't know what the latest is on integration of females into front line Combat units (I think yes?) and Submarines (Not sure)...but I do suspect it's coming. It won't be quick though. Military organizations are generally the slowest institution to change their form in response to changes in the society they represent.

(Hell, the differences are still entrenched in the Boy Scout organizations between to the countries...what hope would the militaries have of being the same?!)

Regardless of who your boss ends up being, as long as the organization keeps it a matter of policy and regulation, you'll probably want to tread very very carefully. Research the hell out of the regulations and policies for your own protection and edification.

The funniest part about the whole thing...is that military types on long deployments are known to get up to 'no good'....and their spouses left at home are known to do the same. So...if they want to kick you out for being Poly...they might have a regulation for that. If however you were just cheating on your wife...there's probably no regulation against that...nor a form to fill out, and it'd be largely ignored, or simply accepted as the normal way things happen.
Women still can't serve frontline positions, submarines not sure I believe on non-combat, but once again that comes down to frontline battle arguments.

And the sad thing is your right I could get kicked out for being poly but yet if I cheat, get the other woman pregnant, and even divorce my current wife I might get some talking to and some punishment. Thats it I can also prove this with a few articles on [not the poly, but the cheating] this fact.
AF Wife needs help with Adulterer husband
Army serviceman with a TS/SCI Clearance commited adultery

A Moderator in the forums posted that, and mostly told her that he might have to pay BAH [basic allowence for housing] but that may be it. anything else *POP* "Oops sorry you married a loser. Well Good luck setting your life back together."