Thread: Stripping
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Long, long ago, in a galaxy not so far away, I was involved with a stripper. We were both very young and had no idea how to live together, but did our best to love each other. I found the whole experience (in the context of stripping) to leave an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. While I was flattered that such a lovely woman was so obviously in love with me, I had to really work to wrap my head around the fact that she was a couple steps away from prostitution. She never sold her body, but she definitely rented it out for a while. She had zero respect for money and a generally bad outlook on the male persuasion.

I've been to a strip club maybe twice since (this was more than 10 years ago) and I saw her face on every young woman that takes the stage. I saw her longing and disdain; I saw her sadness and resignation; I saw her long struggle to reclaim her dignity (which she most definitely has). And while I understand that some women can keep their head on their shoulders while working in the sex industry, on the whole, I think it's a very damaging profession on many levels.. for the patrons as well as the strippers. IMHO.