Thread: Just LR
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:29 AM

LR, I can totally relate to what you wrote, here - my tolerance for anything but complete honesty has really dropped over the past few years - I have seen too many folks building "little white lies" into their lives, often justifying it because they don't want to make life complicated, but I have suspected that it was more along the lines of just not wanting to deal with the messiness of it.

I had a case recently of someone telling me something that had hitherto been a secret involving another friend (details deliberately remaining obscure). I worried about what would happen as a consequence of the truth coming out, but realised that I could not keep a secret like that. I independently verified that it was the truth and told it to the necessary people. It was very tough to do, but it was the right thing to do.

So many folks build a web of "little lies" around themselves. The problem with this is that the little lies can too easily turn into the big ones. I made a decision a while back that I was not going to live my life this way.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb