View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 PM

Hello Poly Land! I've missed you. I'm hoping the drama breeders in our life have calmed enough that it is safe to return. I've stopped in from time to time to look in on those we care about.

Karma and I are doing well. We are both working full time...together! As in we share an office and our desks face each other. It's really nice.

I graduated in May. But my degree field just can't match my current pay, so I kinda feel like I got a degree for nothing. But I also see it as something that created a path we needed to walk. Had we not moved here for me to pursue said degree, we most likely would not have had the growth we've experienced over the years and be in the place we are now.

Karma is dating someone new. Guess if I make coming back a regular thing she'll need a nickname. I can't express the relief she is. She's closer to our age, has some life experience under her belt, was poly before us so she gets it, and the best part...she and I are friends. We can hang out, talk out issues, and sometimes to Karmas dismay spend the day together and wake him up giggling like school girls. She's married, has a job and a car. I really can't complain.

We're still working on some things. Karma has been lost in NRE and I've been feeling a bit disconnected. We still don't see eye to eye on what quality time together is, but he is making an effort.

We're two weeks away from celebrating a decade together and I can't help but think that has a lot to do with this site and what we learned here. The support of the friends we've made here has really helped us navigate the bumps in the road. To think that a few years ago we were looking at divorce and are now stronger than ever and almost at a decade together.

So yeah, things are good. Still learning, still growing, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but we're good and we're happy.