View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneintherain View Post
So...this really makes me see what snowmelt is saying about it taking a bit of work to listen to what someone is telling you. (Perhaps its the written format and not the case via other delivery means?)
No; I get written form. I'll try to be more direct.

Quote:
None of those things you responded with actually answered the yes/no question I asked, where the only purpose was to illustrate that a 3rd party is irrelevant to issues between you and your partner, confronting the other person involved does not solve anything.
It may be more of my inability to just say yes or no.
Yes, the problem lies with her and I.
Yes, and this lesson was one of the most difficult, I can't blame him for what happened.

Quote:
However it looks like the answer to my question was no. Her and the other person interacting about the affair resulted in drama and distraction from the actual issue - the problems between you and your partner. Both of you confronted third parties, and it has not improved your actual dynamic in any way, just given you both more stuff to be pissed about.
Yes I agree with this statement, 100%.

Quote:
I'm not saying those details don't make your story more lurid and drama filled, but they don't really have much relevance in giving objective relationship advice, other than to back up neither of you seem to have great boundaries or a huge desire to be happy in a relationship.
I agree with this, with one exception, I'm here, I'm asking for help; and this for me is difficult. I want to be happy, I want to be a good person.

Last edited by Urvile; 08-29-2012 at 08:11 PM.