View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietfever View Post
I am 38 and single and a lesbian. Right now I am in the "stray single" situation evaluating whether I would get involved with women who are married and polyamorous. I seem to click better with attached bi women than with other lesbians and the lesbian monogamy model has been utterly suffocating and dysfunctional to me.
Almost sounds like you're the lesbian version of me in a roundabout way.

I'm 35 single gay male. I also click better and enjoy the company of my straight/bi poly friends way more than I do the monogamy-minded (ie, heteronormative) gay men that seem to make a huge proportion of my local gay community.

Would I be the secondary to a bi man with a female primary partner (or spouse)? Assuming it's a guy I'm really into and is really into me, then---Hell Yeah!!

For me, I'd rather be single and someone's secondary than single and alone!

And I can't see any reason why being someone else's secondary would hinder my ability to find a primary.

Though to be fair, I don't really like the whole primary/secondary hierarchy and to my mind, everyone is just "Boyfriends", period. Eventually would like one to be a domestic partner perhaps, so that's probably the equivalent to "primary" for most poly people's vocabulary. *shrug*

In North Carolina? Check out: facebook.com/ncPoly
In Raleigh/Durham? Check out www.meetup.com/TrianglePolyamory