View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 PM

I'm not single, but I've been in the position of being so and getting involved with coupled folks in various ways before. I would be really pissed off in anyone called me a "unicorn" because the connotations for unicorns (disposable, naive, being used) and unicorn hunters (self-centered, unrealistic, users) are all SO negative. For that same reason I definitely wouldn't claim that title for myself. Calling myself a unicorn would also imply that I'm looking to get involved with both members of a couple equally, and I would never want to make that call before meeting the couple in question and knowing for sure that 1) I actually had chemistry and compatibility with both of them, and 2) they actually had the space in their hearts and lives for the triad and the dyads that would then be created, which of course is so rare.