Thread: Gender roles
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 06:17 AM

I admit when I lived w. my g/f i took out the trash and recyclables and never cleaned the bathroom even once or vacuumed. I did clean the kitchen and cook. I didn't really think about how much I was playing a gender role until just now.

I wasn't the breadwinner, either! I was going to school and she was pregnant and working until her last few weeks. We had separate finances. I don't know if I did my fair share of housework or not, but I kind of got the impression she liked to clean. Or at least more than I would. Now that I'm living somewhere else, I clean my bathroom about once every couple months and vacuum a little less. It doesn't seem to get dirty enough to warrant more?

I think my attitude towards chores was that I would do them when they needed to be done. Dishes in the sink? wash em'. trash full? take it out. But I would look at the bathroom and think: "bathroom? Clean enough. It'll hold another week or two." I think Nyx would see the same bathroom and think "There are germs all over this place!"
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.