View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
Let's go eat. End of discussion.
Of course I've always felt the same about race and many other things and I realize that I seem to among the tiny minority apparently. You're black - I'm white - She's red. Cool ! Let's go eat ! End of discussion.
But humans seem to have a proclivity for wanting to turn a multi-hued world into balck and white - with THEIR definition of black and white being the only one possible. Are we just lazy ? I don't know.
Things really could just be so much simpler, and nicer if some of these "divides" just were acknowledged for the color they are and let go. We have more important things to accomplish.
GS
Well, there are a great many people who insist that because *they* like spicy food, spicy food is the best. And if you eat bland food, they need to insist on telling you how you are blind and why spicy is better, you are just ignorant or uncultured or there is some other thing *wrong* with you.

Same thing for race or religion. Or lovestyles.

It would be nice to just drop it and go eat. But I'm a little competitive. So when someone tells me, or even infers, that what I'm choosing to eat is somehow not as acceptable, I want to put in a rebuttal.

I don't think you're in the minority at all. Or maybe. Idk. I don't think people *want* to fight about what's the best way to live. I think most people just have a certain investment in who they are and they either believe in themselves and what they are doing with their lives or they at least *want* to. So they have some pride, whether it's for being gay or gangster, and all those egos bouncing around out there tend to create some conflicts.

Philosophically speaking, I believe that truth is subjective. That said, I am in compassion with individuals having their individual realities where what is true for one person is not true for another.

I also believe that there are plenty of people out there who believe in objective truth. That is, black and white. "Some things are evil, others good."
Often he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been rent asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him...and he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.