View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 AM

The message is a standard message that attends to bans of spammers I get to make; I take a certain glee in sending off spammers. If you weren't spamming, you weren't supposed to receive that. For that I apologize.

If you were responsible for the trollery involving trying to pass off a dyad as poly, then the thread was deleted for trolling (which is against site guidelines) and that account was banned--and for that, I won't apologize. If you're still trying to pass off dyads as polyamory, I know you'd better explain yourself straightaway or again be banned for trolling. The flippant "there's more than one in a dyad, so it's poly" nonsense won't work.

MOD NOTE: A bit of commentary on the view from here:

Like many of you folks, I was surprised to see a post from a new user that claimed to be in a poly arrangement while being a mono couple uninterested in additional relationships. I immediately wondered if that post arose from utter cluelessness about polyamory or if it were motivated by an urge to troll. I figured our regular users would sort out the first issue directly, so I only had to monitor to check for evidence of trolling. Cluelessness is fine--mono folk can come here to get educated on polyamory without it bothering us one bit.

Our regular posters started responding to the claims of a mono dyad being poly in the fashion expected. All was well.

Then the new user got cutesy in replying and stated that because "there's more than one" person in a dyad, it's poly. Oh, no...we don't play them games here. That's trolling. Deliberately twisting up definitions to claim that up is down and yellow is blue is not something one does in a reasonable discussion. To enter a poly forum and try to claim that the folk there don't know what poly is qualifies as a prime example of trolling.

Now, because that person signed on and posted that thread as the very first message posted, I figured she'd signed on just to troll, which makes it an egregious offense. The reward for egregious trolling is a ban. So I banned the account. (I was zapping a billion spammers at the time while getting interrupted regularly, so she mistakenly got the "eat shit" message I send to spammers. Yes, I'm a big meanyhead to spammers.)

Just a heads up to all reading: If you receive a notice of violation of site guidelines, particularly a ban, showing up with a new username and posting a thread about it is *not* a good way to argue that you shouldn't have been awarded points for a violation. And when told that you needed to make a good argument to a mod, posting yet another thread instead of sending a PM is pretty much guaranteed to work against you.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.

Last edited by AutumnalTone; 08-27-2012 at 03:17 PM.