Thread: My new Ai-jin
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
When he becomes clear on what he wants, it might be good to have a chat about the use of words with him. Try to identify what words trigger you to thinking maybe there is a chance although he indicates there is none. It's about saying things that match what you are doing. If the word sweet heart makes your pulse race and your heart beat faster than perhaps he could avoid that.

Also if your relationship is a platonic friendship, perhaps you are somewhat overzealous in your expectation for such routine and obligatory communication? Try not to reach out so much as perhaps this is pushing him away a little?

Just my thoughts
This is most true. I'm really really getting the feeling that he isn't sure what he wants, which is why he's sending me mixed signals.

This is not the first time I have expected more from someone who has no obligation to reciprocate regularly. It has a lot to do with the way it think, how my depression can affect me when I'm worried ... etc.

I have been tempted in the past to delete his phone number from my phone, give it to a friend, and tell them not to give it back to me for X amount of time...it probably sounds extreme...but it would remove the temptation, wouldn't it?