View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzWiz View Post
He's just fearful, scared of change....

Yes, things change, people change, I can't say for certain that I'll always hold the same views I hold now, time changes people.....
But isn't that the point of a life partner?
To explore all of life together, which ever aspects of life you chose to experience?
Perhaps... "to death til us part" and all that. But in reality, some people hate change and do anything they can to prevent it in their partner. This is, of course, unrealistic. However, getting married in one's 20s guarantees change. If you've matured too much for your husband's comfort level, in ways that he feels threatened by, it might be time to say bye bye.

(I got divorced after 30+ years of marriage. "We've grown apart and no longer see eye to eye on many subjects." That is what we told the judge and it's true!)

Lack of sex here is probably just a symptom of deeper differences between the 2 of you.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
my bf: Ginger, 61, married to:
Robin, 60 (mono)
and dating (NRE): Carla and David, married couple, early 40s

Last edited by Magdlyn; 08-22-2012 at 10:31 AM.