View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca View Post
Is this structure, this thing I'm doing, inherently chaotic?
Sounds it to me, yes. But that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Quote:
If it feels this good, why isn't everyone doing it?
because different people have different things they want in their lives - some like the thrill of the ever-changing chaos, others like far more stability and most are somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Is there something weird with me?
Weird as in that you are an individual with your own tastes and preferences that don't conform to some norm that society throws out? Yup! But you say that as if it's a bad thing.

Quote:
How do I know when I've stretched myself so thin, that what I'm getting out of it is eclipsed by the energy I put into it? How can I think that way about these people I love?
I have developed what I call my "spiritual battery" - it has nothing to do with religion, it's just my way of thinking about what energy I have to devote to things. Some things in life add to the battery - they charge it - other things drain it. Sometimes I drain something out because of the charge I get back. Sometimes, when things are just tooo crazy, I have a few "go-to" activities that I know will charge me up - I will tell folks that I need a break, and go and do those.

Because if you are feeling frazzled then that's one sign that your internal battery is probably getting low and you need to do what you can to recharge it. If you have no energy then you aren't putting enough into the time you have with your partners, and the relationships suffer. In order to have sustainable relationships you have to work to keep that battery in you charged up.

Hopefully these ramblings make some sort of sense.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb