Thread: New Boards?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiana View Post
"Life Stories and Blogs" - I guess what kinda irks me a little about this forum is it doesn't have much structure... on the forums I've seen this done on, generally how it's handled is members who want to talk about their life in a "journal" style way are allowed to start one thread and then maintain a conversation within that thread about their life... I'm probably being irked by it because I really like that format, and feel like posting a new thread all the time is disorganized... but that's just me.
We can do that.

Quote:
"The Fireplace" - I saw someone say in another thread that they had wanted <snip>

There are two ways to combat that which I know of.... Either change the structure... Like, maybe create subforums under The Fireplace for various non-poly specific subjects like "Home Life", "Parenting", "Family", "Entertainment", etc. so people know those are totally acceptable thingsto be talking about here, OR the active members need to be more proactive about posting in the Fireplace on a regular basis.
Hmm. We could set it off as its own set of boards and offer three to five more boards. Or set it off as a general section with but one board until we have need for others.

And, yeah, I can set Life Stories and the Fireplace to be non-readable to guests.

(EDIT: Those boards have been set to non-readable by guests.)

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.

Last edited by AutumnalTone; 12-09-2009 at 07:07 PM.