View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 AM

Wha-a-a-a-a-t?

Love as much... like keeping score... really?... to love as much? What the? How can love be quantified? Love is. It just is. Yes, there are different shades and qualities to love, but real unconditional love knows no bounds. How can one's love for another possibly be measured... and then compared? For what reason? Love and the self are one.

Think about what a waste of time, energy, and spirit it is to try and count the love felt and love received just to add it up, like piles of buttons, as if someone is owed something if one pile looks higher (from their perspective). I couldn't answer your poll - my choice would have been: "Love is not a thing to be measured."

In quantum physics, as I understand it, the only action that can prevent something from being infinite and everywhere at once is the moment when somebody tries to measure it. Measuring something (an energy/vibration/force/substance) is what actually limits that thing, because you are putting parameters around something that actually has no end!

Don't try to make love a competition. Feel it, be it, express it, but don't measure it!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein