View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 AM

ummm, I just have to say, I think I just fell in love with you. Your last two posts are so fabulous, and I relate so much.

I'm not overly familiar with DBT, but have pretty much been in therapy of one sort or another since I was eight. I had a long hard road to make peace with my anger. When I finally got to therapy with my mom, they were questioning my memories. I yelled at her and the therapist that I hadn't come to therapy to have that questioned (I had come to see if there was any possibility of relationship with her) and if they were going down that road, we could just give it up. Next session, they both said they had feared I wouldn't show up again. I thought therapy was FOR feelings? Weirdos. I was fortunate to find more good groups than not, and more competent and loving people to help than not.

I was an only child until I was 13. My parents split and my dad took up with the woman who would become my step-ma, and my brother and sister were 8 and 2 at the time. I used to babysit them so our parents could date. I have kinda the opposite problem, in that I simply fall in love with all my friends. Once or twice a week would be like rabbits for me. I'm counting myself lucky at once a month. :P (and that's upped since I got an extra bf)

You go, grrl.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who now lives in a house far away-with stairs I can't climb)