View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
They not having a clue about how emotional having a baby/parenting is? That's they journey to discover. As all new parents do.
I'm saying that they don't have the perspective like I do because they haven't gone down that road yet. I see it as a threat, because of my perspective.

Quote:
If you are worried about having a place in that family unit and want one? What are you waiting for? Talk to both of them and offer what you have to offer. "Hey. Awesome baby! So I'm willing to help out. Call me a (babysitter? godmother? aunt? grandmother? what sort of inclusion are you hoping for there? Or no inclusions at ALL but wanting him to be PRESENT with you too? Sort it out. Then TALK it out with your peeps.)

You ASK for a role, if that is what you desire.
It's kind of hard to ask for a role when Twitch doesn't even know if he's going to have a role. I'm not sure I want a role. All I know if that I don't want to be excluded.

Quote:
She is not a mindreader. Neither is he.
Twitch and I have spoken about this.

Quote:
Uh huh. So how does keeping connection strong WITHOUT full disclosure of your thoughts work? You wrote that blog entry July 27. It sounds like you have spent 2 weeks making yourself and him nuts.

Just take the bull by the horns and ASK if this is possible, that you WANT to be included if allowed to be.

Negotiate, work it out. Even if the answer is NO, then you can relax some and move forward rather than doing the "what if" limbo thing and making yourself feel all UGH. Because then you are on solid ground again -- in the YES place or in the NO place. And not in frozen Hang Time -- trying to stand on air and struggling.

GL!

GG
Trying to stand on air and struggling. Good one.