View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
I don't really have a problem with this method, and it also serves the purpose of easing the transition to poly for a girl who has no poly experience.
Hey, if it works for you, then more power to you. For the record, this guy tended to end up with women who had very little self-esteem and the relationships never lasted very long. He used to complain to me how he could never find the right kind of people. I tried to put out the cause-and-effect nature of his dating profiles, but he just didn't get it.

For all I know, he has since found what he was looking for and is blissfully happy - I (deliberately) lost touch with him a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
So the big question is: Are there any women here who were introduced to poly by a guy who (1) already had a primary relationship and (2) announced that fact at the very beginning of the relationship?
I had two very functional and happy relationships that started out exactly that way - I was up-front right from the get-go. (I don't know why you are restricting it to just sexual relationships, but that may well be your paradigm.)

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb