View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
I was referring to the method that Ciel said some guy used that involved blatantly lying about being involved with others.
My apologies if I took your comment out of it's proper context.

Incidentally, the lie Ciel was referring to involved a guy who marked himself as single on an online dating profile. I think that is a somewhat forgivable sin. If I were married, then I would probably not mention it on an online dating site either. I wouldn't necessarily lie, but I'd leave it blank if possible (like you can do on Facebook). If I didn't have that option, then I'd probably consider putting single or just using a different dating site. I'm not really sure though, because I've never been in that situation.

@Nyc - Thank you so much! That was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! I think you are right about the married / unmarried thing. I would probably tend to meet more people WITH my girlfriend if were in a more marriage-like scenario (living together, have kids, etc). I'd also probably be more likely to announce my marriage because a wedding ring is a dead give away (I'm not the type who would take it off to go on a date). Anyway, thanks again.

-Wolf

Last edited by Wolfwood; 08-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.