Thread: So Very Lost
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM

I think when it comes to relationships, other people in general, there really aren't any hard and fast rules about how to "swim these waters"... every person and therefore every relationship is different, so we are all just feeling our way along I think it's just inherently confusing!

But also, as someone who is maybe just starting out with some of these poly ideas, someone who is trying to figure out what they want etc., you might want to do a lot of reading on the subject first, speak to people who have done it, try to be honest with yourself and be prepared for it to possibly be emotionally gruelling, difficult...

Pretty much the only thing I've learnt so far is that you can decide for yourself what you want and what your boundaries are, but outside that life has a surprising way of making all your plans for yourself redundant...

I'm not bisexual, so I'm curious: is it very important for you to have both a man and a woman in your life at the same time? What about if you just dated one or the other, someone who understood what you would ideally like, and then open up to another who comes along in the future...?