View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent
I really do think that poly NRE, kink subfrenzy and vanilla folk's 'love at first sight' are describing the same endorphin reactions. The symptoms are certainly similar.

Everyone, kinky or not, poly or not, submissive or not, has the responsibility to slow down, listen to their own instincts, ask questions, perhaps check in with other partners and friends, and generally act like an adult.
I third. In my universe those are the bullets of
  • You are responsible for knowing and stating your wants, needs, and limits.
  • You are responsible for your own and your partner's buckets: the mind, heart, body, soul health buckets. Carry buckets with minimal slosh.

In the start of rship, I have not yet agreed to take on some of my partner's buckets on, and stop behaving like a footloose fancy free single and start behaving in a way that takes their feelings into consideration when I act.

But I know for damn sure I am responsible for my own mental health, emotional health, physical health, and spiritual health!

I won't go into something all willy nilly. Vanilla, poly, or kink -- I won't partner with just anyone and I won't partner without clear agreements laid out.

I apologize if I sound vehement or something -- it's just such a huge pet peeve. Freakin' play like honorable Jedi or don't play with me. I don't need a Muppet Show.

GG

Last edited by GalaGirl; 08-09-2012 at 03:38 AM.