View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmelt View Post
Sar, I'm not focusing on her anymore. I'm focusing on you. Focusing on her too much is part of your problem.
Point taken.

Quote:
Low self esteem again
True, but also based on a running track record.

Quote:
Not a fascination, just and interest? Same difference. You've got a catch 22 going on. That is - You're fascinated by the knife that cuts you - the manipulator who abuses you... the woman who cheats on you. Manipulation is a dark art. A part of you is drawn to it.

You live in the "safety" of you head. Your heart is where you will find your self esteem. Go there.

Add together living in your head and your fascination with the dark art of manipulation, and what do you get? The place you need to go to unwind the catch 22 that causes your low self esteem. Unwind it, see yourself for who you really are. See your finance for who she really is, and let go of her. You think you know her, but you CAN"T SEE the real her through your stumbling. Your "stumbling" is you giving up your power to a manipulator just to watch the show you are so fascinated by. The problem is, you're in the show.
This is fantastic insight. I do think you're focusing a bit hard on manipulation though. It is very present, certainly, but I don't believe I'm actively manipulated outside of her BS method of presenting it all to me.

It's difficult to stay calm, stay sharp enough to be objective. I'm a bit too ego-driven while feeling so downtrodden.