View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcophagus View Post
Yes, my self-esteem was already critically low before all of this.
How was your self esteem when you first met her?

Quote:
I'm still young, am bright, and at the risk of sounding like a braggart, am ridiculously attractive.
And look what kind of person that got you.

For example, I'm a woman. I have been told many times I am gorgeous, and I could easily be on the cover of a fashion magazine. I have had people ask me if I am a model when they meet me for the first time - like every woman who looks like I do has to be interested in modeling. I have a great figure. To be blunt, I turn heads. It was fun at first. Now I don't care. What's important to me now? I want to know how confident, kind, mature and smart someone is. Manipulative people don't like me very much. They feel the strength of my presence and that unnerves them (I see it in their eyes seconds after I meet them).

You are gorgeous. Great. Now get over it (I did) because it isn't helping you find a loving woman, or happiness.

Quote:
That's actually a good question, though. Why am I willing to put up with all of this?
It's the only question

Quote:
I think a large part is how enamored I am with her as a person.
What does this REALLY mean?

Quote:
but gets bent when what I feel and what I have to say about it aren't exactly what she wanted. I don't feel she's willing to work on this mutually or make any sacrifice on her end in order to make us okay first. She just wants what she wants, and fuck everyone else.
This is called manipulation. Like I said earlier, she is an accomplished manipulator. That's not the issue anymore. Its your self esteem.

Quote:
But I suppose that's how our relationship has always been. Now she's just crossed so many lines, I have no idea why I'm still here.
Because you have low self esteem, and her radar noticed that. What are you going to do about your low self esteem? Everything I'm saying is blunt, but very sincere. What are you going to do about it?

Last edited by snowmelt; 08-08-2012 at 03:02 AM.