View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Yeah, more variety would be nice, but I can see how that's difficult to accomplish, due to the "keep it entertaining" and "everyone has to sign a release" aspects. The live-in model works best with that kind of thing.

For the time being, I'm single, and therefore do not live with anyone I'm romantically involved with. Attention whore that I am, I don't think I'd be comfortable with cameras on me all the damn time. Still, if I was approached for a show like this, I'd probably do it. However, I doubt many of the people I date would sign releases. It would probably be something like this:

Episode One: I asked this one girl out. She turned me down. She didn't sign a release so there's no footage.

Episode Two: I asked this one girl out. She turned me down. She didn't sign a release so there's no footage.

Episode Three: I asked this one girl out. She said yes but stood me up. She didn't sign a release so there's no footage.

Episode Four: I asked this one girl out. She said yes and showed up for our date. She didn't sign a release so there's a few seconds of footage with her face blurred.

Episode Five: The girl from Episode Four has been ignoring my calls. I asked this one girl out. She turned me down. She didn't sign a release so there's no footage.

Episode Six: I asked this one girl out. She said yes, and she signed a release, so there's plenty of date footage and some softcore boning at the end. I had some "performance issues" because of the cameras but she was okay with it.

Episode Seven: Things are going well with Episode Six Girl. I asked this other girl out. She turned me down. She didn't sign a release so there's no footage.

Episode Eight: It turns out Episode Six Girl just wanted to use the show to promote her music career and wasn't actually interested in dating me. I'm not seeing her any more. However, lots of angry breakup softcore boning because Showtime.

Episode Nine: I asked this one girl out. She said she recognized me from the show and gave me a long, logical fallacy riddled speech about how polyamory is wrong and that I should be ashamed of myself. She signed a release though so that was fun.

Episode Ten: I asked this one girl out. She turned me down. She didn't sign a release so there's no footage.

Realistic? Probably. Entertaining? No.

Hmm... actually, maybe it would be entertaining...