View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:09 AM

Default New Poly - Florida

Hi i'm Charles.
Having a few poly friends from a local college I become interested in the philosophies it set forth. From here I read 'Sex at Dawn' and 'Opening Up' (both of which I highly recommend). I introduced the idea to my current girlfriend of a year which caused plenty of havoc for a month or two. Eventually, she understood it wasn't about me not loving her, it was more about my need for variety and freedom. She decided to try it out with me. In the first month of trying it out she went back and forth about not being sure, while we flirted with people outside of our relationship. A few weeks before our summer we decided to give it a 100% go. We visited family a bit during the summer and then she traveled to europe with her family and I stayed back in Florida. In Europe she pushed the situation from mostly theoretical to full force. Having found a young guy she was attracted to and enjoyed spending time with. I had to deal with a bit of jealousy, but have been handling it. The biggest difficulty for me has been not having made an intimate connection myself and feeling lonely. I am happy she doesn't have these same lonely feelings, but it sure does emphasize my loneliness knowing about her situation.

I am 24 just graduated from college and am pursuing a life as a fine-art painter. She is 20 still in college for two more years. We love each other very much and plan to remain dedicated partners for life :]

Yup so thats us!