View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 PM

Default New to poly, in Seattle

Hey everyone! So, as the title implies, I am very new to poly...sort of.

It's a bit of a story, but here goes:

I've been with my fiance for a little over four years. She's always had the poly belief, but without the title. I was monogamous up until recently, when I decided that I wanted to marry Shay (my fiance). Basically it boiled down to the fact that I knew she wanted to have relationships on the side, one in particular with her girlfriend in our home town of Spokane. I knew that if I asked her to remain monogamous with me she would but she would be losing a huge part of herself. So I read some books (Ethical Slut, Sex at Dawn), did some soul searching, and talked with her about it. We came to the conclusion that our relationship would thrive as a polyamorous one. This was in Oct-Nov of 2011. I know I said I was new. I know it's been several months, but I've not had a secondary relationship yet, so to me it feels like I haven't really started yet. Shay has her gf over in Spokane, and that's all shes looking for really, but I would really like to meet a nice girl to cuddle and develop a relationship as well. We'll see. Either way, I already feel better overall, having torn down the invisible boundaries that are ever present when starting a new friendship in a monogamous mindset.

So that's my coming to poly story. Apart from that, I'm a very normal 25 year old guy who lives just south of Seattle and works in downtown Seattle for a web development studio.

I'd love to meet more poly minded people for friendships, and hopefully find a nice woman to spend time with and find an intimate connection with as well.