Thanks IP - love that we're both runners, wonder if a lot of us poly people are drawn to pounding the pavement/trail and being alone with our bodies/thoughts. I find it super restorative. I have Shiba Inus, which are a smaller breed, and only one of them is really into jogging. I usually bring him home after about 2km, as his tongue is lolling and he slows down a bit. Once he stops running in front of me, and starts lagging, I head for the house and slow down for him. My other little one acts as though I am dragging her to the pound if I run with a leash on her - let her off leash, and she'll spring ahead of me like a bullet, but something about me setting the pace makes her pissy and stubborn. I could see getting a bigger dog down the line for safety for night/early morning runs, nut I am partial to wee pups in general.
Elemental and Sunshine had their first dyad date last night, and it went AWESOME. I didn't see him before he headed out as I was home late after an esthetics appointment, but the evidence of his man grooming were around the house. A girlfriend was due to come over for a hangout - sushi, wine, and awesome chats as always - she's moving away to a nearby Island soon, and we're trying to pack in some extra time together, as we really enjoy each other's company. I painted her toenails, we shared a Cohiba and had port out on the front patio, and talked about her our current lives, and reminisced as well. Elemental came home to us all rowdy and girlie-overloaded, and we peppered him with questions about his date.
They had a great walk, lots of kissing, and then headed for dinner, then spent some time in his truck making out, which drove Sunshine absolutely crazy, and had Elemental's eyes glowing like emeralds with the buzz of the memory. Made me really happy to see.
I can't get over what a total difference there is in the way that I feel with Lily and Sunshine being with Elemental, and how crazy I felt in regards to him and Sync. I keep dissecting it, trying to figure out what the big differences were, and I can't see it completely clearly yet. So far I have come up with some major fuck-me-up points:
- Sync and I have COMPLETELY different styles/needs in communication
- I was in love with Sync romantically, she did not return my feelings in the same way
- Their first tryst-y type behaviour was sneaky/behind my back
- EVERY single one of my boundaries/requests were pushed/broken altogether
- Sync never checked in with me to see what I needed to feel safe in regards to Elemental and her's dyad
- She avoided talking to me when I tried to communicate with her about any feelings outside of "this is great"
- Elemental never defined boundaries or parameters for his connection with her of any sort
- I never felt like I knew the nature of our relationship, or their relationship.
I can't tell you what a relief it is to have something different going on. I have no idea what the future holds, but I like where my heart/head is right now, and that is amazing.
Back to work I go!