View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM

I have two job interviews this week, so things are looking up. The crap job I took about a month ago doesn't pay enough for anything, but it got me back in work mode and revved my energy a bit. When you've been unemployed a long time, it is hard to muster up the enthusiasm for any regular gig. Hopefully, something better-paying will come out of this week's interviews.

I've also been selling my stuff - got an ad online and made a good chunk of cash already just from my exercise equipment. Today someone is coming to look at my couch and dining set. I stood in my living room this morning and felt a little heartbreak. The dining table and chairs was a wedding present, and I remembered my ex complimenting me on my taste when I brought him to see the couch at the store.

<sigh>

But I need to survive and hold onto my apartment more than I need the couch and everything else. If I sell everything I listed, I will be able to pay rent for two more months. And it will help me "simplify" my life and move forward to get rid of old things with painful memories.

Progress isn't always easy or happy. But there is progress, and that's a good thing.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 08-01-2012 at 03:13 PM.