View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:17 PM

Thumbs up All good!

My wife leaves tomorrow and I am really feeling at peace right now. Last night we went up into the mountains and had a kind of reaffirmation ceremony. We lit a candle and read the wedding vows that we had written for each other on our wedding day. We each wrote a new section of our vows to express our commitment to each other in a poly environment. It was amazing how the two pieces flowed together, almost like we knew this was going to be our path when we wrote our original vows all those years ago. It was a natural and seemless transition.

We each took a single rose as a symbol of our individual dream of life. We then took a piece of yellow ribbon (home-coming symbolism) and tied the two roses together. The ribbon symbolizes the commitments that we made to each other, tying both our dreams of life together into our shared dream. We left the roses high on the mountain top and came home.

It was a very wonderful experience and it really meant a lot to me. Whenever I feel my self-confidence slipping, I am going to think of that ribbon, and our commitment to each other, that ties our dreams of life together. I will read the vows that my wonderful wife wrote for me and know that I am very secure in my relationship. Vanquishing demons with a single yellow ribbon. I know the demons will still try to find a way to come at me, but I'm not afraid, I'm filled up with my wife's love and know her rock solid commitment to me. My life is wonderful, and I am very thankful for it.

Last edited by Skater21; 07-31-2012 at 08:23 PM.