View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:41 AM

Hmmm...that's tough for me. That sounds like one of those questions that extroverts think "break the ice" but cause an introvert like myself to withdraw into a deep pit of introspection only to emerge 3 days later with an answer that no-one cares about anymore. (Pardon me but I am having some introvert/extrovert issues at the moment - Dude "identifies" as an introvert, while being the most extroverted person I know...drives me NUTS! - he's not an introvert, he just used to be SHY!. He doesn't understand that I am not "broken" and don't want to be "fixed"...Grrrr.)

There are some uber-flexibility stuff that makes for neat party-tricks (NovemberRain knows what I am talking about) - but I don't view those as "unique" - just rarer than average - I'm not a carnival contortionist!

My usual answer for this question is either 1.) I am bisexual and poly (which wouldn't be at all unique in THIS forum) or 2.) I drove over 5,000 miles the summer I got my Driver's License and have been to all 50 states in the USA (and 4 countries other than my own).

None of these says a helluva a lot about ME - so I never felt comfortable about this sort of question. We are ALL unique...there is no special experience/skill that makes me unique, it is the sum total of my experiences and internal responses that makes me interesting (to the people that find me interesting).

Jane("Just-Your-Average-Unique-Chick")Q
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 07-30-2012 at 12:04 PM.