View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
If you do not like the way you are being treated then DO NOT allow it to continue. Period.

Why be in a relationship that causes you stress and heartache? If he can not give you what you need in return then it is time to move on.
This bears repeating.

I text both of my partners and my bestie daily. If I don't hear from one of them for a day, it's no big deal. Even if they're traveling or ill or really busy, they do make an effort to check in and say so, so it's rare to go a day without hearing something. My wife and amorata each do this without prompting; it's a negotiated thing with my bestie.

If they weren't willing to communicate enough for me to be satisfied, I doubt I'd still be involved with them. This is one of those things that is very important in serious relationships, for me.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.