View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
What AT said. Also remember you likely blindsided him with this and he will need some time to process everything. Frankly, based on some of the conversations I've read on this board, it sounds like it actually went really well, as a beginning. If he asks a question, answer it, even if the answer is "I don't know, I need to think about that". If you think he is mocking you call him on that. He will have fears and you will have to address those.

It may not be something you have to do RIGHT NOW.

I think this is important to tell him the next time you talk.

Thanks for your feedback. And yes, after thinking about it I realized it didn't go horribly. I mean, we even had some great snuggle time after our initial talk, and have been lovey all weekend (no sex, I'm on my cycle).

Last night when we talked on the phone, he promised to read more of the links I'd sent him about poly. I'm feeling better and better about things as the day wears on. I am actually kind of excited to talk to him tonight.

My new plan is to show him something I wrote about my ideal poly family setup. People have told me I have a way of getting them to feel and experience new things through my writing, so hopefully when he reads what I wrote, about my ideal, some of his fears will be quenched.

I'll keep updating